“We support blind and partially sighted people in Dorset to live happy lives.”
We are all about people.
We can offer personalised practical and emotional support for anyone with sight or hearing loss in Dorset who needs it, for as long as it’s needed. You can find our services right across the county and if you can’t come to us we can come to you.
What makes us special?
- We are a local charity and help people face-to-face right across Dorset
- We’ve been doing that since 1918
- We’re the only county-wide service for people with sight loss
- Our support is tailored to each individual person we help
- We are 100% fundraised and receive no RNIB or statutory funding
- We always make sure that our funds are used as efficiently as possible so we can help more people. Many of our services are run by our volunteers (under our expert guidance) and we keep our admin costs as low as possible
- We believe that sight loss shouldn’t mean missing out, and offer a wide range of activities to help people experience things they might otherwise miss out on
- Our fundraising activities are unique and aimed to help sighted people understand how sight loss feels and some of the difficulties it can bring
- We are valued by the people we serve, and carefully measure our impact
- We save money for the NHS, and the councils of Dorset, by keeping people healthy and safe
Would you like to know more about Dorset Blind Association?
People can access as many or as few of our services as they need and we work in partnership with individuals to empower, build confidence and enable independence.
The Dorset Link is Dorset Blind Associations’ quarterly newsletter. Click the past issues below! Dorset Link Winter 2017 Dorset Link Autumn 2017 Dorset Link Summer 2017 Dorset Link Spring 2017
Supporting blind and partially-sighted people to lead full and happy lives is what drives us to do the work we do.
We have one thing in common – a passion for bringing happiness to blind and partially-sighted people’s lives – and we all do it in our own unique way!
We have been helping people in Dorset since 1918. Find out more about our story so far.
Over the years, we’ve met loads of truly inspirational people with amazing stories to tell about their journeys through sight loss. If you’ve been touched by sight loss – either personally or through a loved one – you might like to see how some other people have been affected and how they’ve moved forward with our... Read more »
Find out more
If you have any questions about Dorset Blind Association, get in touch. We would love to hear from you.
Phone us on 01202 712865 or visit us at our centre in Poole.